Yoga and Meditation
Course Duration: 30 Hrs
This course gives access to an exploration of physiological systems from the perspective of overall health and wellness. In particular, a focus on yoga, meditation and mindfulness as a therapeutic intervention in chronic illness and long term treatment. This course is intended for college students, yoga practitioners and teachers looking for a deeper understanding of the physiological benefits of yoga. The value of taking this course is to understand the impact that yoga can have on reducing stress, and aiding in healing or preventing physiological pathologies. Throughout this course, we will learn about different physiological systems and highlight yoga practices that can influence different systems and reduce pathology. This program is offered to students of all disciplines. Duration of this course is 30 hrs. The course is meant to enhance our understanding and relevance of yoga in the modern life style. Yoga is a great way to get rid of stress that accumulates daily, in both, body and the mind. Yoga postures, Pranayama and meditation are effective techniques to release stress. The course will provide a tremendous amount of information and hands on experience for those interested in alternative health perspectives and a more in depth scientific understanding of this ancient healing method.
Aims and Objectives of the Course
- To create awareness amongst students to have good health.
- To practice mental health and hygiene.
- To imbibe moral values
On completion of this course student will be able to:-
- Equip themselves with basic knowledge about their personality.
- To learn to handle themselves with in all life situations.
- To learn techniques of gaining good health
- Experiential, Introductory sessions of yoga Theory and practice where one can get a glimpse of a yogic lifestyle
- Daily asana
- Sessions for practicing, pranayama & kriyas. Relaxation & meditation session as well as insights & experiental learning of various yogic concepts and ideals.
|Lecture (Theory), Basis of Yoga (Duration: 10 Hours)
|Asana (practical session) (Duration:10 Hours)
|Pranayama (Basic Pranayama) Meditation & Kriyas (Duration:5 Hours)
|Krida Yoga & Happy Assembly (Duration: 5 Hours)