Code of Conduct for Student
At our core, we strongly uphold the value of granting our students ultimate freedom. However, we also recognize the importance of establishing behavioural standards, encouraging ethical conduct, fostering a respectful atmosphere, preventing harassment and discrimination, safeguarding academic integrity, resolving conflicts, preparing for professional life, and enhancing the reputation of our institution. To fulfil these objectives, we have developed a model code of conduct for our students. This document serves as a guiding principle, nurturing personal development, academic brilliance, and a thriving campus community with a positive outlook.
Every student has to strictly follow the code of conduct:
- Embrace a sense of belonging within the campus environment and prioritize the protection of college property.
- Students are expected to cultivate respectful and harmonious connections with faculty, staff, and their peers, fostering a positive atmosphere.
- While there is no official dress code, it is expected that your attire reflects a student-like appearance.
- Identity Cards should be carried by the students always.
- Familiarize yourself with the college's rules and regulations and ensure strict adherence to them.
- Regularly attend classes and ensure punctuality. In the event of being unable to attend a class or complete an assignment due to valid reasons, promptly inform the relevant teacher or college staff in advance.
- Active participation in various events, including academic programs, sports, cultural programs, and other co-curricular activities is highly encouraged as a praiseworthy habit for students. By actively engaging in these activities, students have the opportunity to broaden their horizons, develop new skills, and enrich their overall college experience.
- Utilize college facilities, equipment, and resources, such as computers, internet access, and software, solely for educational purposes and following the established guidelines.
- Avoid any form of discrimination, harassment, or bullying based on race, gender, religion, ethnicity, disability, or any other protected characteristic.
- Ragging and eve-teasing are forbidden by the law. The Hon’ble Supreme Court has ruled out that ragging is a criminal offence.
- The corridors of the building, library block, and veranda in front of the classrooms are not meant for assembling and chatting. Please treat them as a silent zone.
- During class hours, it is strictly prohibited for students to linger outside the classroom or anywhere on the college premises. In the event of a teacher's absence, students are encouraged to utilize their time in the library or common room.
- Violence, grouping, class clashes etc., should not be encouraged by the students.
- Outsiders are strictly prohibited inside the college premises during college hours. However, in case of urgent business, prior permission of the principal must be taken.
- Smoking, taking drugs, alcoholic drinks, carrying lethal weapons and bursting crackers are not allowed inside the college premises.
- Do not stick any posters or scribble anything on the walls of the college building.
- Do not adopt malpractices in the examination hall.
- Maintain the sanctity of a co-educational college.
- Indiscipline should not be indulged in unruly behaviour.
Please Note: Students flouting the above rules will be suspended immediately and if found guilty, after due inquiry, will be dismissed from the college. The college, though not responsible for the conduct of the students outside the college premises will take cognizance of any serious misconduct.