Self Defense Mechanism (Karate) For Girl Students
Course Duration: 30 Hrs
Even though, gender violence is a global phenomenon, however, it assumes a significant character is third world societies or developing countries where violence is perpetuated at every level in a woman’s life. India is no exception to this. The cases of gender violence are increasing, many of which go unreported or unregistered. This is because India is a place where women are taught not to get raped, but men are not taught to not to rape. But for the moment, it is particularly important for women in India to learnSelf-Defence for their own safety and survival. Studies have shown that criminals choose those targets more that are unaware of their surroundings and what is going on around them. It is always the psychology of a criminal to choose soft targets who are vulnerable therefore not in a position to retaliate. An attack can happen in any form at any time. In fact, over the years, some students at the college have complained of some sort of harassment by a different sex on their way to college. As a result, Plassey College came up with the idea of starting a Self-Defence Programme of 30 hours that would arm students with the necessary skills to defend themselves. More so, the course is poised to instill confidence among girl students to deal with adverse situation in all walks of their lives.
The objectives of the course are as follows:
- To bolster confidence and enhance self-esteem.
- To sharpen techniques of Karate
- To increase mental and physical health and discipline
- The overall increase in mental and physical health will help students in their academic endeavors with energy, determination, grit and concentration.
Upon successful completion of this course students will be able to:
- Build self-esteem and strengthen self-confidence.
- Learn and master self-defense techniques.
- Enhance physical and mental health and discipline.
- Improve academic performance by raising the level of energy, focus and concentration.
- Duration of the Course in hours: 30 hours
- Course Fee: Nil
- This Course is open to all girl students at Plassey College
【KIHON】 In place basics in HACHIJIDACHI
- CHUUDAN CHOKUZUKI
- JOUDAN AGEUKE
- CHUUDAN SOTOUKE
- MAEGERI (HEISOKU DACHI・GEDAN KAKIWAKE)
* “GOREI” command (From right side in turn for each Waza)
【KIHON】 In place basics in SHIZEN TAI to ZENKUTSU DACHI and back to SHIZEN TAI
- CHUUDAN JUNZUKI
- JOUDAN AGEUKE
- CHUUDAN SOTOUKE,
- KOKUTSU SHUTOU UKE
- MAEGERI (HEISOKUDACHI, GEDAN KAKIWAKE)
* “GOREI” command (From right side two action in turn for each WAZA) ←Is that 1 to 4
【KIHON】IDOU KIHON Moving basics.
- CHUUDAN JUNZUKI (step in)
- JOUDAN AGEUKE (step in)
- CHUUDAN SOTOUKE (step in)
- GEDAN BARAI (step in)
- KOKUTSU SHUTOU UKE (step in)
- MAEGERI (GEDAN KAKIWAKE) (step in)
【KATA】 TAIKYOKU SHODAN
【KUMITE】GOHON KUMITE (JOUDAN JUNZUKI, CHUUDAN JUNZUKI