Career Counselling Cell is a tool which can be very effective in allowing students to realize their true potential and find work that aligns with their natural inclination. Career Counselling encompasses the concept of educational, vocational, personal and all other forms of guidance. It aims at enhancing the social image and status of the student, develop his/her personality, to explore their career options and effectively plan their career. The single biggest decision that any college student needs to make revolves around what to do after college, that is, to take up a job after college or pursue a postgraduate course. A career counsellor will guide a student through this whole decision-making process and provide suggestions for his/her benefit. The Practice In keeping with the recent trends.
Under the spectrum of Globalization, the role and activity of the Higher Educational Institutions (HEI) are drastically changing. Nowadays the role of HEI is not limited to producing graduates and degree holders, but it must play a vital role in the development of its human resources. So that these resources can contribute to the upliftment of society and take active participation in the nation-building process. Under the impact of Globalization, job markets as well as career potentialities have widened for the youth, but due to a lack of proper knowledge and guidance students are not able to harness their goals.
Considering the fact seriously, the Career Counseling Cell of Plassey College has has stated its main objectives which are as follows:
- To facilitate all-round development of the student.
- To help students with the proper choice of courses.
- To help the students in the proper choice of career.
- To help the students in their vocational development.
- To develop readiness for choices and changes to face new challenges.
- To minimize the mismatching between education and employment and help in the efficient use of manpower.
- To help students in the period of turmoil and confusion.
- To help in checking wastage and strength.
- To ensure the proper utilization of time spent outside the classroom.
- To wake up to their deficiencies of them.
|Committee: Career Counseling Cell
|Dr Abu Siddik
|Sri Subhendu Biswas
|Smt Chaitali Biswas