All the teachers are expected know and follow the outline code of conduct for their profession.
A. Professional accountability :
- A teacher should dedicate himself in sincerely implementing Government-policies affecting education.
- A Teacher should not engage in any activities which brings the profession to disrepute.
- He/ She should devote few working hour to the vocation and if needed should be prepared to work for the betterment of the institution.
B. Commitment to Colleagues :
- All colleagues are to be treated as professionally equal, regardless of their status.
- A teacher should respect the functional superiority of those set in authority over you.
C. Commitment to students
in fulfilling one’s obligation to students:
- A teacher should be sincere, dedicated and academically focused.
- Encourage students to think critically and maintain the institutional discipline.
- A teacher should adopt a humane approach in dealing with students who are physically challenged.
- Inculcate a feeling of pride among students for their institution.
D. Commitment to community.
The teaching vocation occupies position of public trust-
- A teacher should set an example for the community with his intellectual deliberations and maintenance of highest ethical principal.
- He/ She should have an impartial view on any issue that concerns the interest of the community as a whole.
- He should honor diversity of various sorts and work with dedication to spread the message of tolerance and harmony.